Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Graduated Now What

So two months after I graduated I figured that I would be a little well off at least with a steady job. Two months after I graduated college I'm working for this company that pays totally off comission. I really wouldn't mind it but the fact that i work 12 hours a day and depending on how much I sell I can make more or less at a job sitting behind a desk. At first I was determined to do it so I hauled ass but today I was more determined than all the days combine and I worked harder than any other day and I made less and way below average than usual. This sucks. What was the point of graduating college if I can't a decent job that pays pretty well. People who don't graduate high school and earn a GED can get a better job. Those people get assistant managers at a place like McDonald's and things like that. And then the people with the Masters and Doctorates get these great jobs making over a hundred thousand dollars. But to get into grad school you have to get amazing grades and be some ultra student in college which if anyone can relate that is harder than shit to do.
Anyway I was a watching a Disney commercial about this fairy helping this little fish swim upstream (don't ask me why I was watching Disney). She puts the fish in a bubble and lifts it out of the water to help it go upstream and all I kept thinking was that little kids were watching this and relating to the little fish thinking maybe there would be a fairy that would help them overcome there problems. All I kept thinking was that these kids are going to grow up thinking that life will be fine just as long as there is a little fairy there. Whatever
Hopefully things get better or else I might have to move back which I really don't want to do right now. Oh well

No comments: