Monday, January 10, 2011

Delusional

As I reflect on the past couple of years I realize that I was completely delusional about a certain aspect of my life. What's worse is that I'm currently listening to songs about relationships/break-ups and I realize that I cannot completely relate to any of these songs. For instance, Ms. Hill states in her song Ex-Factor: life is like a battle/we both end up with scars (the wording might be a bit off but you get my point). Unfortunately for me, I was the only one who ended up with scars fighting a battle apparently against no-one but myself. So I'm going to piece together my version of what I went through (although it will definitely be more ad-lib than actual lyrics from songs).

I realized that YOU never loved me
Because if YOU did, YOU wouldn't have treated me the way YOU did
I realized that YOU never loved me
Because of the way YOU love her
I realized that YOU never loved me
Because if YOU did, YOU would have fought harder for what we had
I realized that YOU never loved me
Because our relationship never went deeper than the outer exterior
I realized that YOU never loved me
Because YOU didn't care enough whether I became hurt or not in the cat and mouse game that we played for almost a year
I realized that YOU never loved me
Because YOU toyed with my heart as if it were some insignificant element
AND FINALLY......
I realized that YOU never loved me
Because even though YOU told me that YOU did (I'm sure YOU don't remember), YOU never proved it
Actions speak louder than words
And while some of your actions suggest that YOU cared deeply for me at one point, they never indicate that YOU truly loved me

So with this, I bid YOU adieu and I wish YOU well. Good luck with life.

Peace
BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: