Monday, March 31, 2008

Untitled (How Does It Feel)

Let us start this blog with comments that I received a couple times that has me wondering. Just now I was reading the lyrics to "Changes" from Tupac to try to see if I can incorporate it into today's blog. I realized that the 'Changes' that he talks about are completely different from what my supposed changes are. What he is talking about is changes for black people as a whole to become better for the future. It sent me wondering whether I had really changed and if so have I done so for the better. These past few years I have changed a lot and I do credit it to being in college. So it's funny to hear people say that I have changed in recent months because I have been changing for the past three years. I am clearly not the same girl from high school (as a lot of people can attest to). And I'm clearly not the same girl that walked into college as a freshman. So this goes around to the same question again. Have I changed for the better? I know certain events may have changed how I behave in certain aspects but still isn't change supposed to be good. I hope in my case it is. If not, I will change as I forever do.

How does it really feel? I got a registration email from my grad school a couple of days ago and it freaked me out. I think this is the first time it has really sunk in that grad school is no joke. I went through high school with ease; graduated with good grades without trying too hard. College was the same way. I didn't BS my whole academic experience but it wasn't hard. Graduated from there with good grades. Now it's time for grad school and they made it seem like it was a lot of pressure which I don't know if I'm ready for it. First off I'm paying for it basically by myself so hopefully I get a job soon. And usually I don't take the religious route but lately I have been relying heavily on my dwindling faith. Like they say in Papiamentu "Cos ta hodido". Then for my classes they don't accept a grade lower than a 2.75 which is a B- in their book. The past three semesters I haven't made lower than a B but still grad school is different; there's a lot more work to it. Finally I'm going to have to find a research that no one has done, make a good case out of it and probably present it somewhere. After all of this I feel completely lost with no hope of being a success. Hopefully that feeling goes away soon or least I get back on track.

How does it feel? So I think that it is extremely interesting that this little kid Stephen Curry has carried Davidson all the way to Elite Eight making them a Cinderella team. This kid has his whole career ahead of him and I think it's great that he's already proved that he can play with the big boys. Too bad Davidson didn't make it to the Final Four, but hey there's always next year. And since he'll be there for the next two years I would have no doubt that Davidson might be in it again. Well I guess I'll root for North Carolina now. GO TAR HEELS?

How does it feel? I wonder how it felt to see.................

Sidenote: My sister saw Barack Obama speak today at her college and it changed her life. I'm so happy for her. Damn I wish I could have seen him speak. My homegirl made it to the Elite Eight. GO STANFORD.... ALL THE WAY!!!.... I think that it's great to see people that you played against in high school play in a tournament that makes them almost celebrities. And to think I've known them since high school. Good times Good times. LOL

Peace

No comments: